The Golden Brook Practice
Monday to Friday 08.00am – 18.30pm*
For urgent medical treatment and advice please telephone:
The Surgery: 0115 855 4200
NHS Direct Service: 111
NHS 111 Online: https://111.nhs.uk/
* Please note – every second Wednesday of the month the practice closes from 1.30pm for staff training, excluding August and December. Please see the dates listed further down this page.
Appointments at the Golden Brook Practice
Do you really need an appointment at Golden Brook? Try Self- Care
What is self-care?
Self-care is the practice of people taking action to preserve or improve their own health.
Why should I self care?
- It is quicker – there is no need to wait for an appointment here at your GP surgery, you can get advice on minor illnesses online or from your local pharmacy.
- It is easier – you can ask at the pharmacy for the best treatment for you, which can then be bought at your local pharmacy or supermarket to use at home.
- It is simple – you can get advice on self-care from a variety of sources, either from websites (some useful links are listed below) or from your pharmacy.
- It is considerate – using self-care relieves pressure faced by NHS services e.g. GP Practices and A&E. Treating minor illnesses allows our GP’s to see patients with more serious medical needs.
We offer more information on self care on our website.
To arrange an appointment with a doctor or a practice nurse, please telephone the surgery on 0115 855 4200 during surgery hours. Please note 8am and 9am are particularly busy times for getting through on the telephone, if you are calling for a non-urgent reason or to book a routine appointment, please call after 10am.
Alternatively, you can use the free myGP app to book and cancel appointments. Please click one of the links below to download the app.
To download the app on an Apple Device
To download the app on an Android Device
If you are calling to request a repeat prescription, why not try the Medicine Order Line?
Simply call 0115 855 0260 between 9.00am – 4.00pm to order your repeat prescription.
You will be speaking to a trained professional who can ensure your prescription will be sent electronically to a nominated pharmacy of your choice or your GP practice if preferred.
- If you prefer to be seen by a doctor or nurse of your choice, you may have to wait longer.
- Routine appointments may be made in advance (maximum two weeks), which will enable us to offer you an appointment at a time best suitable to your requirements.
- If you have an URGENT medical problem, (i.e. a problem that you feel needs to be seen that day that can’t be treated either by self-care or pharmacy), ONLY if it is appropriate, you may be asked to come down to the surgery and see the ’emergency only’ doctor.
If you are unable to keep your appointment for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can offer it to another patient.
Temporary Practice Closures
The practice opening times may vary for times such as Bank Holidays and Practice Training days. Please see the list below for the dates we are closed from April 2019.
||Friday 10th April 2020
||12th February 2020 from 1.30pm
||Monday 13th April 2020
||11th March 2020 from 1.30pm
||Friday 8th May 2020
||8th April 2020 from 1.30pm
||Monday 25th May 2020
||13th May 2020 from 1.30pm
||Monday 31st August 2020
||10th June 2020 from 1.30pm
||Friday 25th December 2020
||8th July 2020 from 1.30pm
||Monday 28th December 2020
||9th September 2020 from 1.30pm